Ocean Park X HKU Hackathon
Co-organised by The University of Hong Kong (HKU) and Ocean Park, the Ocean park X HKU Hackathon is the FIRST experiential learning opportunity where HKU students and graduates will be given a week to develop innovative solutions for the Ocean Park in the fields of education, entertainment and conservation in the real setting of Ocean Park.
The theme of the hackathon is Edutainment with innovation. HKU students and graduates from all disciplines and professionals will work together with industry experts and academics to generate solutions within the theme park business environment. Participants will be exposed to the real setting and operation of Ocean Park to get challenged by real problems. Innovative solutions created by the students will be pitched to influential industry professionals.
Date: 9－20 June 2019*
- 9-11 full day program
- 12-17 self-investigation at Ocean Park
- 18-20 full day program
*Winning teams will be invited to participate in The First Ocean Park International STEAM Education Conference 2019 on 21 June, 2019.
Venue: Ocean Park & The University of Hong Kong
What you can get:
– Work in interdisciplinary teams to solve unmet needs
– Encounter and get mentored by industry experts and academic leaders
– Pitch your solutions to influential industry professionals to win the grand prize
– Potential solutions stand a chance to be implemented at Ocean Park
Who can join:
– HKU undergraduate and postgraduate students
– HKU graduate of no more than 3 years
– 40 Students will be selected and divided into eight teams to pitch their innovative ideas.
Application Deadline: 25 April, 2019 (Thurs)
Apply NOW at http://bit.ly/OPxHKUHackathon to bring your idea to life.
Find out more Innovation & Entrepreneurship events at HKU via http://bit.ly/2uVQgwL.