ITC STEM Internship Scheme@HKU｜創新科技署創科實習計劃@港大
With the strong support of the HKSAR Government, a STEM Internship Scheme (“the Scheme”) has been set up by Innovation and Technology Commission (ITC) to let STEM students gain innovation and technology (I&T) related work experience during their studies and to foster their interest in pursuing a career in I&T after graduation, so as to enlarge the local I&T talent pool. Each eligible student will receive a monthly subsidy of HK$10,500, capped at three months (maximum at HK$31,500) in each academic year.
You are cordially invited to join us in offering I&T related internship to HKU talents, please visit NETjobs (https://www.cedars.hku.hk/NETjobs) to register an employer account and learn more about the details at http://cedars.hku.hk/stem.
- Employer has to hold a valid Business Registration Certificate, Certificate of Registration of a School or other recognised license (payee of the allowance will tally with the name of employer as appeared on such certificate or license).
- Allowance claim application for each student can only be made once each academic year.
Requirement of the Internship
- Local or non-local full-time internship placements with duration of no less than 4 consecutive weeks.
- The placement must be I&T related with its actual work containing I&T elements.
Allowance Amount and Arrangement
- Upon completion of the internship, participating employers will receive allowance reimbursement based on the salary amount stated on the employment contract and actually paid to the student interns, or $10,500 per month, whichever is lower, capped at three months per student.
- For each student intern, employer can only receive allowance under this Scheme once, and the student cannot concurrently benefit from other internship subsidies offered by the Hong Kong SAR Government (“Government”). In addition, the internship funded by the Scheme, in general, should not be a compulsory requirement of the degree programme to which the student is admitted. The internship period in excess of that required for fulfilling the graduation requirements could, however, be funded by the Scheme, if the other requirements stipulated in the Guidelines are met.
(For details, please refer to the Application Guidelines at http://cedars.hku.hk/stem.)
Should you need more information, please do not hesitate to contact cedars at 3917-2317 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.