Hackathon with former VP of Alibaba Group, Herbert Chia 車品覺
Are you curious about how major internet companies train their teams?
Join this Student Hackathon with Herbert Chia車品覺 to unleash your innovative power
and create digital solutions to daily life problems with Big Data!
2018 topic: Building a Dashboard for Hong Kong
Former Vice-President and Head of Data Committee of Alibaba Group, Herbert is a local big data guru keen to groom Hong Kong talents in the digital field. He is the author of the book “決戰大數據”, and currently Venture Partner of Sequoia Capital China.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity for close-up training opportunity with Herbert. During the one-day hackathon, participants will be asked to work in groups to create innovative solutions, using daily-life observation and data analytic concepts to drive out-of-the-box thinking. You will have a chance to learn how to observe, think and analyse daily problems with big data, and gain a deeper understanding of how to create powerful and workable data-driven solutions.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
• Students who have passion to apply data analytics in solving problems
• Knowledge of data technology would help but is not a must
• Students from all disciplines are welcomed
WHAT WOULD YOU GET?
• Close-up training experience with Big Data guru Mr. Herbert Chia
• One-day action-oriented dive-in into the link between Big Data and business solution
• Learn how to observe, think and analyse daily problems with Big Data
• A deeper understanding of how to create powerful and workable data-driven solutions
B4B STUDENT HACKATHON w/ Herbert Chia 車品覺
Date: 6 October 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 9am – 5pm
Venue: Hong Kong Science Park
Seats are very, very limited, REGISTER now!
Registration deadline: 2018/09/24 noon